1. Information You Provide
Certain areas and features of our Summer Green Microfinance Technology or Services are available to you without registration or the need for you to provide to us any personal information. However, Some features of Summer Green Microfinance Technology or the Services may require registration, which involves provision of your personal information, including:
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- BVN Number
- Date of birth
- Financial account information, including login credentials
- Any information obtained about you in connection with providing a financial service or product to you
In some instances, such as with identity verification, we may also collect scanned copies of documents containing such personal information. Examples of such documents might include your driver’s license or a copy of your utility bill as required by some financial institutions.
From time to time we may request additional personal information in order to provide you with other benefits of the Services. In such instances, you will receive notice of this newly proposed use or purpose, and you will have a choice as to whether to provide the requested information for those limited purposes.
2. How We Use The Information We Collect Through Summer Green Microfinance Technology and Services
Summer Green Microfinance may use information collected through Summer Green Technology to conduct basic business operations, including:
- analyze APP usage and improve the Services;
- deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services;
- to market products and services that we believe may be of interest to you (you may opt out of this use of your information);
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services; for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to advise you about your portfolio;
- to solicit your feedback;
- to render your personal information anonymous and create aggregated data;
- for our internal business purposes and to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or subsequent requests for support by you; and
3. How We Share Information Collected Through Summer Green Microfinance Technology and the Services
3.1 Services Providers
Summer Green Microfinance and its affiliated companies use contracted third party service providers to help us manage and improve the Services and Summer Green Microfinance technology. We also use such third parties to host features of our Services and Technology; to help us target and implement our email communications and direct mailings; to help us manage our relationships with the people and companies that use our services; to process payments; and to assist us with market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity.
3.2 Other Third Parties
We may also share your personal information with other contracted third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
3.3 Financial Institutions
We may share certain information with financial institutions and our other partners to provide the Service features that you elect to use. For example, if you provide your BVN information for financial accounts to us, we may disclose that to a credit bureau or its intermediary in order to get your credit history, and thereby obtain access to your financial records. Similarly, we may also share your personal information with our Payment processing provider in order to complete the transaction in question or as needed to meet any legal requirements.
3.4 Legal Process and Suspected Fraud
We may share or disclose information collected through Summer Green Microfinance Technology and services when we determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or authorized under the law; to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. Whenever applicable, possible and allowable under the law, Summer Green Microfinance will provide you notice of such requests or use of your personal information as described in this paragraph.
3.5 Sale or Merger